BeautyBlender bounces into Malaysia!
Serendipity: Cult Beauty Discoveries brings the much coveted BeautyBlender to Malaysia!!
We at Serendipity are thrilled with the latest addition to our family :) After trying to bring in the BeautyBlender for over a year, we’ve finally done it! We are now the first official retailer of the BeautyBlender in Malaysia! All the partners here have been using the BeautyBlender for quite some time now – we’ve thrown away all our ratty old sea sponges for good & locked up our foundation brushes to never see the light of day and deem the BeautyBlender one of our definite HG’s in our arsenal of makeup tools.
For those of you still confuzzled on what the BeautyBlender is – it’s a foundation sponge. Not just any ordinary foundation sponge though. It’s an egg shaped, pink, latex free, non allergenic & odour free sponge which will give you flawless & streak free foundation coverage.
How it’s to be used -
- Hold the dry BeautyBlender under running tap water for awhile until it expands. It should expand to roughly twice it’s original size.
- Squeeze out excess water. The BeautyBlender should be damp not wet – we sometimes squeeze out the excess water with a clean dry hand towel.
- Either dot your foundation on your face or on the back of your hand, then use the BeautyBlender to pick up some of the foundation and bounce (stipple) it up and down your face. Keep doing this until you have the coverage that you want.
- Use the bottom egg part for bigger surfaces of your face and the pointy tip part for around your eyes and nose.
- Voila! Easy, flawless foundation application minus the ugly streaks that you don’t see when you’re applying your makeup but other people notice in broad daylight!
The thing about the BeautyBlender that makes it different from other sponges out there in the market is its density. The BeautyBlender isn’t made of some cheap sponge material. It doubles up to nearly twice its size when damp, which is an indicator of how good the material it’s made from is.
And for all you Mac Studio Fix lovers out there, it works GREAT with Mac Studio Fix powder foundation! Make sure your BeautyBlender is damp then dab the Studio Fix compact, picking up some of the product onto the BeautyBlender, then bounce/stipple onto your face. Remember not to dab too much Studio Fix onto the BeautyBlender – do it bit by bit so it’s easier to control the coverage and not end up having a cakeful of foundation on your face!
The BeautyBlender isn’t just for liquid foundation – it works super on both liquid and powder foundation!
Another great thing about the BeautyBlender is that it has its very own awesome sidekick, the BlenderCleanser! The BeautyBlender must be cleaned regularly for it to not only work efficiently but to also keep it clean so no yuckiness gets transferred to your face. The BlenderCleanser is a great addition to the BeautyBlender.
The official BeautyBlender site has this to say about the BlenderCleanser -
“BlenderCleanser is a lightly lavender-scented cleanser that’s free of dyes and skin irritants. It’s soothing soy-based, low-suds formula breaks down rapidly, making it earth-friendly and fun to use. Soy has the added benefit of being one of nature’s finest moisturizers, so by all means, clean up with class and do it often.”
We personally love the BlenderCleanser because it’s easy to use and it really does break down the oil & foundation easily to throughly clean out your BeautyBlender.
How to use the BlenderCleanser -
- Pour a bit of the BlenderCleanser directly onto the soiled areas of the BeautyBlender.
- With your fingerpads (DO NOT USE YOUR NAILS!), squish the BeautyBlender until you get a foamy like consistency, then rinse.
- Repeat this process until the entire BeautyBlender is clean.
- Squeeze out excess water and air dry BeautyBlender. To dry the BeautyBlender faster – squeeze out excess water with a clean dry hand towel.
Notice we capitalised DO NOT USE YOUR NAILS? Yup, don’t use your nails fellow BeautyBlender lovers! Using your nails will sometimes cause tears in the BeautyBlender so be careful not to dig those beautifully manicured digits into them!
Another added bonus with the BlenderCleanser is the ability for it to be used to clean your other makeup tools ie brushes, powder puffs etc!
So there you have it ladies! If you can’t wait anymore to get your hands on these pink beauties, head on over HERE and order one today!